Here is a list of things that I have found you can only do, or things that can only happen, in the UK:
- Trip down the stairs of a double-decker.
- Find an intersection where each corner has a church older than the 1900's.
- Buy pasties. Sad because I really like them. (Btw, no, they're not what you're thinking and yes, you are saying it wrong.)
- Delivery guys walk instead of driving around in a car.
- Walk down a street with four different names.
- Live in a flat building that was built in 1876...without it being in the historical district.
- Be casually walking around and randomly find a plaque with the name Tom Riddle on it.
- Offered a handkerchief for your tears at church.
- Get kissed by a random Irish guy.
- Frequently find actual clouds, not only in the bathroom but the in kitchen as well.
- Give some woman a double-take because you thought they looked like JK Rowling...three different times in the same day.
Disclaimer: Some of these may not be entirely unique to the UK, but these are some experiences I've definitely never had until coming here.